ABCs of Functional Behavior Assessment
An essential part of developing effective behavior interventions to treat problem behavior is identifying when, where and why of behavior. This webinar will provide students with a basic framework that can be used to conduct simple, yet effective Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs). FBA is a procedure used to collect valuable information to identify root causes of problem behavior, a critical element to developing effective Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs).
This 1 ½ hour course is designed to provide students with foundational knowledge, a prerequisite for our new series, Practical and Hands-on Approach to Conducting Effective Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs).
- Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Time: 3:30pm - 5pm Central
- Speaker: Amanda Fishley, M.A., BCBA, COBA
Learning objectives include:
- Gain an understanding of what a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) is and why it’s used
- Gain overall understanding of common FBA procedures
- Learn how to select and define target behaviors
- Learn how to collect information on target behaviors using indirect and direct assessment methods
- Understand how FBA results can be used to develop interventions to address mild to moderate problem behaviors (i.e., behaviors not dangerous to student or others)
To enhance the learning experience, this training will incorporate real case studies and include practical tools and resource materials.
Group Pricing Available
For cancellations and refunds, please see our policy HERE.